The purpose of the council is to provide direction for the college president in all matters included in academic affairs, including course outlines, award requirements, academic standards, course and program components, and the inventory of course and program offerings.
Meetings are held on Friday once a month (academic year) from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Implement improvements in curriculum development process
- Further develop individual program assessment plan initiatives including measurement of institutional core competencies
- Coordinate intentional faculty and staff development opportunities throughout the year
AQIP Category Alignment (Criteria for Accreditation)
Feel free to consult the AQIP Steering Committee chair with questions on how this committee meets any of these criteria.
- Criterion 1. Mission - The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
- Criterion 2. Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct - The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- Criterion 3. Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support - The institution provides high quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- Criterion 4. Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement - The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- Criterion 5. Resources, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness - The institution’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
The following include minutes and supporting documents for upcoming and past AASC meetings.