The wellbeing of our students, faculty, and staff is of the utmost importance. South Central College continues to work with the Minnesota State system, healthcare agencies, and others, to take the precautions necessary to protect the health and safety of all while ensuring our students are prepared to successfully complete the Spring Semester.
- On April 8, Governor Walz extended Minnesota's "Stay at Home" order to Sunday, May 3 at 11:59 a.m.
- On April 6 and 7, SCC launched Free Parking Lot Wi-Fi on the college's North Mankato and Faribault Campuses. The Wi-Fi is available on the west side of the North Mankato Campus in the Yellow Parking Lot near Door 8 and on the south side of the Faribault Campus outside Door 15. Students and employees may use the "SCC-Encrypted" network by logging in with their StarID and password, which provides access to all internal systems available in the building. Guests of the college can use the "SCC-Public" network. Individuals from other colleges and universities who support the Eduroam technology may log in to the Eduroam network.
- On April 3, Governor Walz introduced a new state-wide COVID-19 Website, which has a Dashboard that tracks the virus in Minnesota and provides the latest available data on available ventilators, ICU beds, personal protective equipment (PPE), and testing.
Key Information to Know Now
- Classes Resumed March 30: SCC's extended Spring Break run through March 29, with classes resuming March 30. Classes are currently being delivered in alternative delivery methods.
- Governor's Stay at Home Order: Minnesotans have been ordered to "Stay at Home" from Friday, March 27 at 11:59 p.m. - Sunday, May 3 at 11:59 p.m. South Central College is holding classes utilizing alternative delivery methods that can be accessed from home. In the order, higher education was identified as a critical sector, so we can continue to operate the SCC campuses with limited employees offering specific services that can only be provided on-site while continuing to maximize distance service delivery.
- Graduation: The Minnesota State system has cancelled Spring 2020 commencement ceremonies at all colleges and universities. We know this is very disappointing for many and we are exploring alternative ways to celebrate our 2020 graduates. We understand that commencement is an important part of the SCC experience and we want to honor our students while still keeping our communities safe. Further details will be shared in the coming weeks.
- Groups on Campus: Gatherings on campus are limited to 50 individuals or less and only when social distancing (people at least 6 feet from one another) is possible. Based on guidance from a variety of sources, it is also recommended to avoid gathering social in groups of more than 10 people and again practice social distancing when doing so.
- Travel: Please follow CDC guidelines if you have recently traveled to a Level 2 or Level 3 area. Out-of-state and international college-related travel has been canceled indefinitely.
- Mental Health Considerations: Mental health is an important part of your overall wellbeing. We know it’s been a stressful few weeks. If you are feeling anxious or overwhelmed during this time, we encourage you to take advantage of mental health and other support services, including the CDC-Managing Stress and Anxiety Resources.
SCC COVID-19 Contact
Associate Vice President of Student Affairs