South Central College will be the region’s leading institution for transitioning individuals into the college environment, educating students for technical careers, and building student capacity for future study through inclusive student-centered programs and services. The college will be a committed partner in the regional economy, helping individuals and organizations compete in the global marketplace.
South Central College provides accessible higher education to promote student growth and regional economic development.
- Foster a welcoming environment that cultivates a sense of respect and appreciation for differences.
- Provide educational options that prepare students for entry into the workforce, career advancement, and academic transfer opportunities.
- Offer student services and enrichment experiences that support academic success.
- Provide educational opportunities that develop our students’ ability to understand and evaluate personal, social, civic, and global perspectives.
- Deliver education, training, and consulting services for business, industry, and government organizations that help maximize productivity, profitability, and sustainability in a global marketplace.
- Promote the economic, cultural, and intellectual development of the community through collaboration with our stakeholders.
- Partnerships & Collaboration
- Marketing & Branding
- Holistic Learner Services
- Quality Education
South Central College…
- Recognizes the liberating effects of lifelong intellectual, professional, and personal learning.
- Honors diversity and inclusion by recognizing every person’s worth and potential.
- Operates with integrity in all interactions.
- Encourages open and honest communication that respects individual opinions.
- Values collaboration and believes that teamwork promotes unity and shared purpose.
- Embraces continuous improvement.
Institutional Core Competencies (ICCs)
Institutional Core Competencies are campus-wide competencies. The assumption is these are taught, supported, practiced, and assessed throughout the curricular and co-curricular programs of the college.
Communication: Students will be able to demonstrate appropriate and effective interactions with others to achieve their personal, academic, and professional objectives.
Critical and Creative Thinking: Students will be able to demonstrate purposeful thinking with the goal of using a creative process for developing and building upon ideas and/or the goal of using a critical process for the analyzing and evaluating of ideas.
Civic Engagement and Social Responsibility: Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to engage in the social responsibilities expected of a community member.
Cultural Competence: Students will be able to demonstrate and attitude of personal curiosity, a rising knowledge of cultures, and an evolving range of skills for living and working among others with other worldviews and ways of life.
The institutional Core Competencies are a result of result of five facilitated group discussions with faculty and staff during the spring and Summer of 2016. These ICCs were the top four competencies in every group of discussants.