- Academic Support Center: B-132
- Math Center: E-125
- Science Center: C-115
- The Write Spot: B-132
- Academic Support Center: A-116
Academic areas that are tutored can be (but are not limited to):
- Computers (Computer Basic, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- College Readiness Courses
- Basic Math, Reading, English & Writing
- All Math courses (Basic Math, Essentials, College Algebra, Concepts in Math, Statistics, Pre-Calc, Trig, Calculus, Math for Technical Careers)
- Math applications in any course
- Business English
- Financial Accounting
- Science Courses (Anatomy & Physiology I and II, Chemistry, Ecology, General Biology, Health Care, Human Biology, Microbiology)
College Success techniques that are offered are:
- Steps to Success in College
- Effective Time Management
- Reading to Understand and Remember
- Understanding Your Learning Style
- Note Taking Techniques
- Test Taking Techniques
- Dealing with Test Anxiety
CRLA Certified Tutors
SCC's tutors are highly trained and certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). CRLA's tutor certification process sets an internationally accepted standard of skills and training for tutors, which makes our tutors topnotch! To receive their certification, our tutors undergo 10 hours of training, tutor for a minimum of 25 hours, and are evaluated by professional tutoring staff regularly. We believe in certification because we want our SCC students to get the best tutoring service possible on the path to academic success.
According to CRLA, "Since 1989, over 1,000 college tutor training programs around the globe have received certification at one or more levels. These programs have recognized thousands as Certified Tutors, Certified Advanced Tutors, or Certified Master Tutors." SCC is proud to be one of these 1,000 schools!
To learn more about CRLA and their mission, click on their logo above.
We hope you enjoy working with our CRLA certified tutors!
- Math (Available 24/7) Basic Math Skills, Algebra, Geometry, Trig, Calculus
- Writing, Accounting, Statistics, General Chemistry, Physics, Bilingual Math,
- Economics, Intro to Human Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Organic Chemistry, Introductory Finance, Spanish, Computers
All South Central College students receive free access to Smarthinking. Students can access their Smarthinking account directly through D2L Brightspace by clicking on the Smarthinking Online Tutoring link in the Online Tutoring box in the right hand column on the main D2L Brightspace page.