Now that you are admitted, below are your next steps to begin your academic career at SCC:
- Summer Admits (for enrollment beginning in June): Online Orientation is available now and Advising & Registration sign-up will be available the beginning of May.
- Fall Admits (for enrollment beginning in August): Online Orientation is available now and Advising & Registration sign-up will be available the beginning of May.
- Spring Admits (for enrollment beginning in January): Online Orientation and the Advising & Registration sign-up will be available in October.
- STAR ID
The STAR ID is a username used to login and maintain your academic record (example: ac1234cd).
- If you have not activated your STAR ID or you have forgotten it or your password, visit https://starid.minnstate.edu.
- The STAR ID and password are used to complete the online orientation and to register for classes.
- Online Orientation
Schedule your Accuplacer placement test, if required. This will determine course placement in reading, writing, and math. SCC offers both College Readiness (CR) and English for Academic Purposes (EAP) for those students who need it.
- Advising & Registration (A&R)
Schedule your on-campus Advising & Registration session. During this session, you will meet with your faculty and/or academic advisor to discuss your program and register for classes.
- Select your campus and major
- Select a date that fits your schedule
- Complete the online reservation form
- Start Up
Attend Welcome Week’s Start Up the week before each semester begins. This event is for all SCC students.