Congratulations on your acceptance to South Central College!
Now that you are admitted, below are your next steps to begin your academic career at SCC:
- STAR ID
The STAR ID is a username used to login and maintain your academic record (example: ac1234cd).
- If you have not activated your STAR ID or you have forgotten it or you password, visit https://starid.minnstate.edu.
- The STAR ID and password are used to complete the online orientation and to register for classes. Bring your STAR ID and password to the Advising & Registration session.
- Online Orientation
Go to https://southcentral.learn.minnstate.edu/. All new students must complete the online orientation prior to attending an Advising & Registration session. For more information about logging into D2L, visit http://online.southcentral.edu/students/login.pdf. You will be enrolled in the online orientation course in D2L once you are admitted.
Schedule your Accuplacer placement test, if required. This will determine course placement in reading, writing and math.
- Advising & Registration (A&R)
Schedule your on-campus Advising & Registration session. During this session, you will meet with your faculty and/or academic advisor to discuss your program and register for classes.
- Select your campus and major
- Select a date that fits your schedule
- Complete the online reservation form
- Freshman Start Up
Attend Welcome Week’s Freshman Start Up. These are events for all students at SCC.