Now that you are admitted, below are your next steps to begin your academic career at SCC:
- Summer Admits (for enrollment beginning in June): Online Orientation, as well as Advising and Registration sign-up, are now available.
- Fall Admits (for enrollment beginning in August): Online Orientation, as well as Advising and Registration sign-up, are now available.
- Spring Admits (for enrollment beginning in January): Online Orientation and the Advising and Registration sign-up will be available in October.
Complete these important tasks in the order listed:
- Your STAR ID is the username you'll need to login and maintain your academic record (example: ac1234cd).
- If you have not activated your STAR ID or you have forgotten it or your password, visit https://starid.minnstate.edu.
- Your STAR ID and password are used to complete the online orientation, register for classes, and to log in to a variety of services.
- Online Orientation
- All new students must complete the online orientation. Go to https://southcentral.learn.minnstate.edu/
- After completing online orientation, you should be able to register for courses within the next two business days.
- For more information about logging into D2L, visit http://online.southcentral.edu/students/login.pdf
- Determine Course Placement
- Various methods are being used to assess proper course placement
- You will be contacted if further information is needed to determine your course placement
- Due to COVID-19, Accuplacer is not being offered at this time
- Text Messaging - Turn on text messaging in e-Services to receive important reminders and communications from SCC. See instructions in the sidebar of this page.
If you would like to forward your SCC email to a personal email account:
- Log in to your SCC email
- Click on "Settings" at the top right of the page
- Type "Forwarding" in the search box and follow the instructions.
- Register for Courses
- If you know how and what courses to register for, log into your e-Services account with your STAR ID and password.
- If you are unsure what to register for, you can visit our website at http://southcentral.edu/Majors-and-Programs/departments-academic.html to see a list of our ‘Majors and Programs’ that include a complete list of courses. Once you click on your major, you should find the ‘Program Scope and Sequence’ to assist you in choosing courses.
- If you are unsure and would like assistance in registering for courses, you can sign up for an Advising & Registration session. See below for the link to sign up by your major.
- If you have transfer work from another institution, please know it will be evaluated after you have completed online orientation and may take up to one week for it to appear on your degree audit for you to see how your coursework transfers in.
- Advising and Registration Session (Optional)
If you need assistance with course selection, schedule an Advising and Registration Session.
- Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.gov
By completing a FAFSA (Free Application to Federal Student Aid) you will secure your course registration and be allowed to charge your textbooks and school supplies through the college bookstore each term.
Visit Welcome Week’s Start-Up for detailed information. This event is for all SCC students and is held prior to the start of the Fall and Spring semester.