If you are a current high school senior about to graduate or have previously obtained a high school diploma or GED please see the admissions requirement below. When you apply to SCC, the Admissions Office is there to guide you through the entire process.
South Central College encourages completion of the application process early to assure the best course availability.
Summer 2016 Priority Admissions Deadline: June 2, 2016
Fall 2016 Priority Admissions Deadline: August 12, 2016
Spring 2017 Priority Admissions Deadline: December 9, 2016
Students are able to register for courses after the deadline as a visiting student. Financial Aid limitations apply to students registering as a visiting student.
- Submit to SCC a completed application by using our Online Application or print out an Application Form and send in the completed form to the college.
- Pay your one-time $20 non-refundable fee for your application to be processed.
- Submit an official high school transcript or official GED transcript. Transcripts must sent directly to SCC without being opened.
- Submit an official transcript if you have taken PSEO or Concurrent Enrollment courses in high school. SCC may be able to obtain your official transcripts from any of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities at no charge to you. For information on how courses may transfer to SCC, please review the Transferology link via the SCC Transfer Made Easy link.
- Schedule and complete the Accuplacer assessment if SCC requests this. (If you have taken SAT/ACT Exams please review the Accuplacer FAQ’s)
- Learn what you’ll need to do after you are accepted on the “I’m admitted, now what?" page.
Some programs and courses fill up early, so it is recommended that you complete the admissions and registration process early. A limited number of SCC programs have a separate program application processes (like Nursing) so please review the web pages for your program or major and consider attending a program information session to learn more.