Students enrolled in courses at South Central College must meet minimum payment criteria by the published due dates to avoid an administrative drop of all courses.
For required payment due dates view the Tuition and Fees page. Account information is available online. Tuition and fee statements are not mailed.
Minimum payment requirements that must be met by the due dates to avoid an administrative drop of all courses includes one or more of the following:
- Full payment online through E-services, MnSCU Account Login (a link to eServcies is also available on the Current Students Web Page) or make payment in person at one of the College Bookstores; or by mail. (Payment must be received and posted to your student account by the due date.)
- Enrollment in the Nelnet (NBS)/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan online (credit card or ACH bank draft).
- Financial aid application processed by the Dept. of Education and on file at the College.
- Payment in the form of scholarships, third party authorization, or tuition waivers reflected on the student's account that equals at least 15% of the tuition and fee balance or $300 whichever is less. (15% or $300 minimum award will save registration but will not prevent assessment of a late fee if account remains unpaid as of the 30th business day of the term.)
- Down payment of 15% of tuition and fee charges, or $300, whichever is less. (Down payment will save registration but will not prevent assessment of a late fee if account remains unpaid as of the 30th business day of the term.)
It is recommended that students exercise the following options:
- File the appropriate FAFSA online as soon as possible; or
- Enroll in the Nelnet Business Solutions, formerly FACTS Management Co., Automatic Payment Plan; and
- Check your South Central e-mail messages regularly for important announcements. Messages may also be sent to students' personal e-mail accounts if an e-mail address is provided.
TUITION AND FEE STATEMENTS WILL NOT BE MAILED
STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO VIEW ACCOUNT BALANCES ONLINE
PLEASE NOTE: Individuals who have registered for courses at SCC but subsequently change their plans and choose not to attend MUST NOT ASSUME that their courses have been dropped based on this policy. Certain payment criteria may have been met that prevented their classes from being cancelled. They will then be responsible for dropping the courses they are registered for. Individuals will be held financially obligated for those classes that are not dropped by the fifth day of the term. Summer Session classes have a shorter drop period. Please refer to the Student Policies as well as the following MinnState System policies and Procedures for more information:
- 5.12 Tuition And Fee Due Dates, Refunds, Withdrawals and Waivers
- 5.12.02 Tuition Waivers, Deferrals, and Retroactive Drops
- 5.12.03 Payment Related Dates and Registration Cancellation
- 5.12.04 Refund of Tuition and Fees
- 5.12.05 Payment Plans
South Central College complies with Minnesota Statute 197.775 which exceeds all criteria of Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e). More information can be found on SCC's Military Bill of Rights page.