SCC Keep Teaching
Providing faculty supports as we move to non-face-to-face instruction.
Providing faculty supports during the COVID-19 pandemic
Between March 30 – April 10, all CTLE staff will be working remotely. We will continue to support faculty in the following ways:
- Training and D2L drop-in events are also available from CTLE and the system office. Please check the faculty development calendar (below) for various Keep Teaching supports.
Congratulations to Tracy Murphy, Communication Studies faculty and chair of the Global Education Committee, who has been awarded a grant from the Midwest Institute for International/Intercultural Education (MIIIE) to enhance the international and intercultural programming here at South Central College.
Over the next three years, Tracy will lead efforts to support and grow opportunities at SCC to increase international/intercultural curriculum across college programs and classes, design and offer a professional certificate in cultural competency, and complete planning stages of an international exchange program.
North Mankato - Near the library behind the Copy Shop
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Faribault - B102
- Monday, 9:00 a.m. - Noon
- First and third Thurs 9-3:00 (Drop-in support days for D2L, WIDS and other educational technology)
- Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- General teaching and learning topics, including: adult learning, course design, curriculum, effective syllabus design, equity and inclusive teaching, online teaching, open educational resources, quality assurance (Quality Matters), and more
- Educational technologies, including D2L Brightspace, MediaSpace, Softchalk, WIDS, and more