- Graduation Application.pdf
- Complete the Graduation Follow-Up Survey
Graduation Events and Activities:
President’s Recognition Receptions
A celebration and recognition of SCC graduates and graduating Veterans. Caps, gowns, tassels and medallions will be distributed at this time. Commencement ceremony instructions will be provided. This is a graduates only event and all graduates are expected to attend.
Register for President's Graduate Recognition Events:
- Faribault Campus Breakfast & Recognition: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 in Event Center 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/presidents-graduate-recognition-breakfast-faribault-graduates-tickets-57739800297
- North Mankato Campus Lunch & Recognition: Thursday, May 9, 2019 in Heritage Hall 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/presidents-graduate-recognition-luncheon-n-mankato-tickets-57744186416
2019 South Central College Graduation Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:00 p.m., Doors open at 3:00 p.m.
Location: Minnesota State University - Mankato, Bresnan Arena in the Taylor Center on the Minnesota State University, Mankato campus. Directions and Parking Map
- Graduate Line-up: 3:00 – 3:45 pm – Highland Center, Minnesota State University, Mankato. Bresnan Arena in the Taylor Center at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Arena doors will open at 3:00 p.m.
- Graduation Commencement: 4:00 pm – Bresnan Arena. Graduation is open to the public. No tickets are required and no limit to the number of guests each graduate may have. No balloons or strollers are allowed in Bresnan Arena.
- Post-Commencement Gathering: Gather with friends and family to enjoy light refreshments Bresnan Arena concourse after the ceremony at approximately 6:00 p.m.
Two professional photos will be taken: one with SCC President Parker on stage after you receive your diploma/degree and one individual photo. The photos will be available at www.southcentral.edu/graduation. All guests need to remain seated during the ceremony. You are welcome to take photos with the SCC banners after the ceremony is completed. There is no obligation to order photos.
Closed Caption and Live Video Stream
The 2019 South Central College Commencement will be in closed caption and streamed LIVE over the Internet. Please go to www.southcentral.edu/graduation and click the live stream link available the day of the ceremony. The ceremony will also be available to replay online after Thursday, May 16, 2019.
Minnesota State University, Mankato General Parking: Guests with a disability parking sticker can park in Lots 5, 8, and 9. In the event that these lots are full, please plan to drop off your guest at the Taylor Center entrance. Parking on campus is free for this event. Directions and Parking Map
Flowers & Alumni Memorabilia Available for Sale
Stem flowers and bouquets and SCC memorabilia will be available for purchase in the hall outside Bresnan Arena. Cash, check or credit card payments will be accepted.
Important Dates to Remember
Invitations -Available beginning Tuesday, April 2
Invitations to your commencement ceremony will be available in the Welcome Center on both the Faribault and North Mankato campuses beginning Tuesday, April 2, 2019. Each graduate will be given 10 invitations. Out-of-town graduates may request to have invitations mailed to them by calling (507) 389-7225.
Transportation - Reservation Deadline Friday, May 3
Transportation is available for Faribault students, faculty, staff and guests from the Faribault Campus to Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSU) leaving Faribault Campus at 1:30 p.m. and returning to Faribault Campus as soon as Commencement has ended. Please sign-up for transportation in the Faribault Student Affairs Center or call Candy Laven at 507-389-7225 by Friday, May 3, 2019.
Request Disability Accommodations/Reservations for Graduates, Family Members, and Guests - Deadline Wednesday, May 1
This may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Stage access for graduates with special needs
- A sign language interpreter
- Commencement program printed in an alternate format, such as large print
Note: Accessible seating for guests is available on the upper level via the main floor elevator. No special request is required.
Previous Year's Photos and Videos
2017 Graduation Ceremony Video (originally recorded Thursday, May, 11, 2017)
2017 Graduation Photographs (view, download, or order prints)
2016 Graduation Ceremony Video (originally recorded Thursday, May, 12, 2016)
2016 Graduation Photographs (view, download, or order prints)
2015 Graduation Ceremony Video - (originally recorded Thursday, May, 14, 2015)
2015 Graduation Photographs (view, download, or order prints)
2014 Graduation Photographs (view, download, or order prints)