Federal School Code: 005537
- _____ Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
Select the appropriate academic year. If you plan to attend the summer term, you must have a FAFSA for the current academic year on file. Be sure to indicate SCC's school code 005537 on your application.
- _____ Receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education
The SAR is a summary of the information that you provided on the FAFSA. SCC will receive a copy of the SAR electronically within 3-5 business days. Review the SAR carefully and make any necessary corrections at www.fafsa.gov.
- _____ FAFSA Follow Up
If additional information is needed to complete your application, you will receive notification from the Financial Aid Office. Check your eServices account for updates.
- _____ Receive a Financial Aid Award Notification
You will be notified by email that your award notification from SCC is ready to view online through your eServices account. The notification will list the amount of grants and loans for which you qualify.
- _____ Sign up for Direct Deposit
Utilize the direct deposit option to receive excess financial aid funds in a timely and secure fashion. Sign into eServices to set up your direct deposit account.
- _____ Apply for a Direct Student Loan
If you decide to borrow the student loans you were awarded, you must complete additional steps under the Loans section on eServices.
June 3, 2019 – July 26, 2019
- May 28 – June 7 - Bookstore charging allowed for financial aid applicants
- June 3 – Summer term begins
- June 14 – First financial aid disbursement
- July 3 – Delayed loan disbursement
- July 3 - Midpoint loan disbursement
- July 16 - Late fees assessed on outstanding accounts not paid before July 15th
- July 10 - Last day to submit Direct Loan application for summer term
- July 26 – Summer term ends
August 26, 2019 – December 18, 2019
- August 19 – September 6 - Bookstore charging allowed for financial aid applicants
- September 13 – First financial aid disbursement
- September 27 - Delayed loan disbursement
- October 9 - Late fees assessed on outstanding accounts not paid befoe October 8th
- October 25 – Midpoint loan disbursement
- December 4 - Last day to submit Direct Loan application for fall semester
January 13, 2020 – May 13, 2020
- January 6 – January 24 - Bookstore charging allowed for financial aid applicants
- January 31 – First financial aid disbursement
- February 14 – Delayed loan disbursement
- February 27 - Late fees assessed on outstanding accounts not paid before February 26th
- March 20 – Midpoint loan disbursement
- April 29 - Last day to submit Direct Loan application for spring semester
dates are subject to change