Start Your 4-Year Degree at South Central College
A successful business career relies heavily upon gaining and maintaining a competitive advantage. And your competitive advantage begins with a Business Transfer Pathway Associate of Science (AS) from South Central College. Whether your future goals include owning a business or joining an established organization, this program works for you.
The Business Transfer Pathway AS degree offers you a powerful option: The opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated business-related Bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State System Universities.
The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State Universities will enter with junior-year status. All courses in the Business Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato - BS Management (Business Management emphasis or Human Resource Management emphasis) BS Finance (General Finance emphasis, Investment Analysis emphasis, Institutional Finance emphasis, Financial Planning and Insurance emphasis, Corporate Finance emphasis) BS Marketing, BS International Business
- Metropolitan State University - BS Management, BS Business Administration, BS Entrepreneurship and Innovation, BS Human Resource Management, BS Finance, BS Marketing, BS Supply Chain and Operations, BS International Business
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead - BS Business Administration
- St. Cloud State University - BS Business Management, BS Management (Operations Management concentration, Human Resources concentration)
- Southwest Minnesota State University - BS Management (General Management concentration, Human Resource Management concentration, Supply Chain Management concentration)
- Bemidji State University - TBD
- Winona State University - TBD
Admission Dates: Fall and Spring Semesters
Location: Faribault Campus and North Mankato Campus
The Best of Both Worlds
At South Central College, you will benefit from the many advantages that a community college has to offer while working toward your degree, including small class sizes, individualized attention, experienced instructors and hands-on learning. Attending a community college for your first 2 years also provides more value for your education dollar. While average tuition for 4-year colleges in Minnesota ranges from $7,999 - $32,103 annually, South Central College is only $5,369 (based on 15 credits per semester) before scholarships and grants.
In general, getting a bachelor’s degree will result in higher income beyond that of an associate degree. The national starting median pay for those who hold a bachelor’s degree is $43,200, over 20 percent higher than the national starting median pay for those who hold an associate degree ($35,100). Source: payscale.com
To complete a Business Transfer Pathway Associate of Science degree, you are required to take:
29 credits from accounting and marketing management.
31 credits from no fewer than six of the 10 goal areas within the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MNTC).