(Formerly Child Development Careers)
Early childhood education is a rewarding career for individuals who are passionate about helping children learn and grow. If you want to work with pre-school and early elementary school children, this program will prepare you to work in a variety of early childhood and educational settings.
Areas of employment:
- Preschool Teacher
- Childcare Worker
- Independent Daycare Provider
Campuses: Faribault and North Mankato
Program Start Dates: Fall and Spring Semesters
- Child Development AAS Degree
- Child Development AS Degree
- Child Development Diploma
- Child Development Certificate
- Administration of Child Care Programs AAS Degree
- Administration of Child Care Programs Certificate
Beginning with Fall Semester 2019, the name of this program and its awards/degrees will change from Child Development to Early Childhood Education. More information about the program will be available in May 2019.
“I’m so thankful for SCC. After finishing at South Central College, I started my Early Childhood Education (Bachelor’s) degree at SMSU. I am looking forward to the rest of my journey to one day become a teacher and to make a difference in the lives of children.”