Building an environment that encourages open, effective two-way communication among faculty, staff and administrators is critical to South Central College’s institutional sustainability and our ability to promote student success. In FY17, two key sources indicated that SCC was falling short of this expectation – the Pace Survey Results and Achieving the Dream Site Coach’s Visit Recommendations.
To enhance internal communication, South Central College launched a comprehensive Internal Communications Project in January 2018, seeking feedback on an initial charter from all employees. In early 2018, the college commissioned an Internal Communication Preferences Survey to learn how communication could be improved at the college. Based on the survey’s findings South Central College established a list of Internal Communication Initial Action Plan priorities beginning in FY19.
Initial Action Plan Priorities and Progress Reports
- Internal Communication Survey Results Initial Action Plan Priorities
- Q1 Progress Report
- Q2 Progress Report
Email Tools & Resources
- Creating Email Groups In Outlook
- Writing Effective Emails and other Email Communications Tutorials (Log in to Hoonuit using your Star ID and Password and you'll go directly to the "Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" page with a special Email Communications section on the right)
- All Campus Email Permissions Guidelines
- All Campus Emiail Permissions List with Rationale