To stay informed on updates, changes, and upcoming events in the Nursing Program, prospective and current students are encouraged to explore the upcoming events that apply to them. For further information on any one event, click on the corresponding link or contact the nursing department.
Nursing Informational Sessions
Individuals who would like to learn more about the Associate in Science or Practical Nursing programs at South Central College should attend one of our monthly Info Sessions. Sessions are scheduled for two hours each. Participants should arrive 5 - 10 minutes early for check-in before the session. Some topics that will be discussed:
- Steps on becoming a pre-nursing student
- Differences in the nursing programs
- Program Policies
- Admission criteria
- Entrance exam requirements
- A question/answer period is included
- Attendance at one Info Session is required for application to the nursing programs
Information Session Dates for 2016
Thursday, July 28 08:55 – 11:00 North Mankato: E-119
Sessions will be held on both campuses, once a month. Future dates TBD.
Sign Up to Attend an Info Session:
North Mankato: http://web1vm.southcentral.edu/machformsSCC/view.php?id=241401
TEAS Entrance Exam Dates for June 2016
Wednesday, June 29 1:00pm – 5:00pm North Mankato: C160
Thursday, June 30 10:00am – 2:00pm Faribault: C112
Topics that can be addressed during an advising session:
- How to read your Degree Audit Report including if transfer work is show
- Know which classes to take and in which order
- Questions about applying to the program
- Questions about planning to successfully pursue a 4-year program after completing the Nursing Program at South Central College
Students who have been accepted into the nursing program will be assigned a nursing faculty member as an advisor. You are encourage to speak with your advisor regularly regarding your courses and your clinical related questions. Refer to your Degree Audit Report in your E-Services account to locate your advisor.