The South Central College Practical Nursing Diploma and Associate in Science Degree are approved by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) and the Minnesota Board of Nursing (MBN).
South Central College’s (SCC) Nursing Program is committed to excellence and provides invaluable educational preparation through classroom, lab, and clinical experiences. SCC offers two nursing programs: a Practical Nursing Diploma and an Associate in Science Degree Professional Nurse.
Application to both the Practical Nursing and Associate of Science Degree is a separate process from admission to the college.
For more information on how to apply, click on “How to Apply”.
Want to learn more about the two nursing programs? Join us for one of our monthly Information Sessions!
We strongly recommended that any student who is considering nursing as major attend a Nursing Information Session.
View the dates of our upcoming Info Sessions.
At the Info Sessions participants will hear about:
- Steps on becoming a pre-nursing student
- Differences between pre-nursing and nursing programs
- Program Policies
- Entrance Exams
- Admission criteria
- A question/answer period is included
- Info Sessions are two-hours in duration
- Note: Attendance at an up-to-date Info Session is a required component to both the RN and PN core-nursing application