Find Your Calling
Nursing is one of the most respected careers in the healthcare field. South Central College (SCC) has been training competent, compassionate and confident nurses for over 50 years. South Central College’s Nursing Program is committed to excellence and provides valuable educational preparation through classroom, lab, simulation and clinical experiences.
South Central College’s Practical Nursing program is a great option. SCC has smaller class sizes, expert instructors and lower tuition than many other area colleges and provides an excellent education at a reasonable cost.
The 40-credit Practical Nursing program at SCC is approved by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (Minnesota State), the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Minnesota Board of Nursing. The program teaches you to conduct a focused-assessment on an individual patient through the collection and comparison of data related to a client’s physical and mental functioning.
The Practical Nursing Diploma prepares the student to the LPN role for future employment possibilities in long term care, treatment service facilities, clinics, assisted living, home care, and acute care facilities.
The 40-credit Practical Nursing program at SCC is approved by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (Minnesota State), the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the Minnesota Board of Nursing (MBON).
The Practical Nursing program student learning outcomes and definitions are based on the National League for Nursing (NLN) for the practical nurse.
- Human Flourishing: Provide age appropriate patient-centered care while working with the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Nursing Judgment: Will prioritize care for safe nursing practice.
- Professional Identity: Will function according to the LPN scope of practice following legal and ethical principles within the healthcare team.
- Spirit of Inquiry: Utilize best practice standards and information technology to enhance patient care outcomes.
South Central College Credentials: Diploma
Location: Faribault and North Mankato Campus
|Region||2016 Jobs||2021 Jobs||% Change||Median Hourly Wage||Median Annual Wage|
|SCC Surrounding Area||1,258||1,335||6.4%||$18.79||$39,083|
Practical Nursing Grads Placed*
Practical Nursing Grads Continuing Education+
* Percent of graduates available for employment placed in related occupation
+ Percent of graduates continuing their education