The range of free student services available at South Central College is far-reaching and our network of resources has been set up to ensure your success. Contact the offices below for assistance.
Career Development & Counseling
SCC’s counseling services provide support to address the career, academic, and personal development needs of students.
- Planning your academic, career, and personal goals
- Identifying and overcoming personal barriers such as adjusting to college, chemical abuse issues, the grief process, relationship concerns, stress management, and transition to college
- Creating strategies to improve your academic success
- Exploring career options, and administering /interpreting career assessments like ISEEK, CareerOneStop, mySkillsmyFuture
- Discussing educational options
- Providing career resources to assist in your career decision-making process
Lisa Schickling, Counselor
North Mankato Campus: Academic Support Center B-132 / Faribault Campus: Welcome Center
Social Worker Services
Assistance is available to all SCC students who are facing barriers to completing their educational goals. The social worker can provide much-needed information, support, and a connection to resources in the community to help meet basic needs.
Jesse Spencer, Social Worker (North Mankato)
North Mankato Campus: Academic Support Center B132
Candace Ballstadt, Social Worker (Faribault)
Faribault Campus: Community Resource Center C28
Campus Cupboard and Clothing Closet
The Campus Cupboard and Clothing Closet are FREE resources to any SCC students or employees who are facing any amount of need. We do not require documentation of need. Simply present your SCC Student ID.
Learn more on the Campus Cupboard and Clothing Closet webpage.
Off-Campus Community Resources
South Central College strives to connect students with supportive community networks, resources, and opportunities to ease obstacles interfering with their success. These community resources provide students support to address specific needs and gain self-sufficiency.
- Food Assistance
- Housing Assistance
- Health and Mental Health Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Child Care Assistance