The mission of TRiO/SSS is to increase retention, graduation, and four-year institution transfer rates of program participants. All program activities are designed to help you continue your education and achieve academic success.
Who is eligible to participate?
To qualify for SSS, you must:
- Be enrolled in a SCC program
- Be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status
AND meet at least ONE of the federal eligibility criteria such as:
- Be a first generation college student
- Have a low income
- Be a student with a disability
What does SSS provide?
- Professional tutoring, study groups, and effective study skills sessions
- Academic advising, career planning, and help with financial aid applications
- College transfer planning
- Visits to four-year schools
- Financial literacy workshops
- Personal counseling
- Scholarship workshops
- Cultural enrichment opportunities
Why should you join?
When you join SSS, you can:
- Secure your own personal advisor who can help you navigate your way to a college degree or transfer
- Improve your grades by working with tutors that SSS will help coordinate to meet your individual needs
- Work with your TRiO adviser to plan a schedule to meet your transfer/career goals
- Go on four-year college transfer tours at no charge
How do I join?