The mission of TRiO/SSS is to increase the college retention, graduation, and transfer rates of students who want to go to a four-year college. All program activities are designed to help you continue your education and achieve academic success.
Who is eligible to participate?
To qualify for SSS, you must:
- Meet federal eligibility criteria such as:
- First Generation College Students
- Low Income Students or
- Students with Disabilities
- Students must also:
- Be enrolled in a SCC program, and/or
- Seeking transfer to a four-year institution.
- Be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status.
What does SSS provide?
- Professional tutoring, study groups, and effective study skills sessions
- Academic advising, career planning, and help with financial aid applications
- College transfer planning
- Visits to four-year schools
- Financial literacy workshops
- Personal counseling
- Scholarship workshops
- Cultural enrichment opportunities
Why should you join?
When you join SSS, you can:
- Secure your own personal advisor who can help you navigate your way to a college degree or transfer
- Improve your grades by working with tutors that SSS will help coordinate to meet your individual needs.
- Work with a personal counselor to plan a schedule to meet your transfer/career goals.
- Go on four-year college transfer tours at no charge.
How do I join?
Download and application, complete all sections, and submit it to the TRiO SSS Department.
- We will determine eligibility and contact you.