Since Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) is a united system, the schools work together to make transferring easier by offering the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, a set of courses that will transfer to any Minnesota state college or university. Students can help if they talk with an advisor and use the established pathways created by transfer agreements. Learn more about how to transfer to South Central from our Transfer Policy Page.
Satisfy Your First Two Years of a 4-Year Degree
If you spend two years at South Central completing the 60-credit AA degree, and transfer to a Minnesota state college or university, you will have satisfied the first two years of a four-year degree program. Additionally, your two years at South Central will cost approximately one-third less than if you completed them at a four-year Minnesota state college or university. The transfer option is an economical choice for many students.
At South Central, we value each individual and the unique skills and background he or she brings to our community. We offer a number of diverse career opportunities and encourage you to discover your true potential in an environment that fosters professional and personal growth.
Does South Central sound like the right fit for you? If so, we invite you to explore all the academic programs offered at South Central!
Future Maverick Program
Are you a Future Maverick? South Central College has a partnership with Minnesota State University – Mankato. Let the South Central College professional academic advising team know that you would like more information on the Future Maverick program and we can get you connected with resources to successfully help you become a Maverick. We can also provide you with the dates and times that a Minnesota State University – Mankato advisor is at the campus so you can set up a meeting. Learn all the details on our Future Maverick web page.
Transfer of Credit
Credits for transfer from MnSCU colleges and universities shall follow the MnSCU Undergraduate Transfer Policy. South Central College will review transfer of credit for courses from colleges and universities that are not a part of MnSCU. Credits will be accepted based on comparability and applicability. Course goals, content, and level must be similar. All credits considered for transfer must have been completed with a grade of “C/2.0” or better. The official evaluation will be completed after the student is admitted to SCC.
- Evaluation of transfer is done upon initial admission to SCC. Any subsequent request for evaluation must be submitted on a Transfer Evaluation form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Students shall provide documentation (course syllabus, course description) from the college or university for the course to be transferred.
- Students may schedule an appointment with the Registrar’s Office, Transfer Specialist.
- Students will receive a copy of the Transfer of Credit Evaluation form and a copy of their revised South Central College transcript.
- Students may appeal the decision of the Transfer Credit Evaluation as outlined in the MnSCU Undergraduate Transfer Policy.
Transfer Appeal Process
If a student is not satisfied with the courses transferred in the outcome of the above Transfer of Credit process, the appeal process is as follows:
- Meet with the Transfer Coordinator to provide clarification of the transfer. The clarification process involves faculty input and evaluation of the course description. The Transfer Coordinator may require the student to produce a copy of course syllabi, and may do additional research on the course in question. The Transfer Coordinator may or may not transfer additional classes after this meeting. If the student is not satisfied with the end result of this meeting, they may proceed to the next step.
- A written appeal submitted to the Dean of Students regarding the result of the transfer. The Dean o/f Students will examine what courses have been completed and determine if any further action is necessary.