The Student Learning Committee (SLC) is a sub-committee of the Academic Affairs and Standards Council (AASC). The SLC is responsible for coordinating the activities associated with the assessment of student learning and analyzing their effectiveness. The following strategies are used to facilitate the assessment of student learning:
- Oversee all campus assessment activities and examines the effectiveness.
- Educate faculty, staff, students, and the public on the importance and meaning of assessment.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement at the institution, program, and course level.
- Promote discussion on assessment activities and initiatives.
- Communicate assessment efforts to faculty, staff, students, and the public. Monthly report to AASC.
- Provide continuous support and review on the administration, data collection, and reporting of outcomes assessment.
- Create an annual report that summarizes, analyzes, and evaluates the past year’s student learning outcomes assessment activities and accomplishments. Implement necessary improvements and adjustments to the assessment effort.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate college-wide Assessment of Student Learning Plan.
Please click here to see an up-to-date list of Student Learning Committee members!
You may contact Kaycie Lawson, Quality Improvement & Assessment Coordinator via Telephone at 507-389-7471 or via email at
with any questions, comments, or concerns.