Students enrolled in courses at South Central College must meet minimum payment criteria by the published due dates to avoid an administrative drop of all courses. Account information is available online. Tuition and fee statements are not mailed.
- December 18, 2013 - Entire bill is due if you registered BEFORE December 12, 2013 and have not met the minimum payment requirements*. Finalized financial aid awards may be deducted from the balance due.
- December 20, 2013 - Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment will be processed at 3:00 p.m. Student accounts that do not meet the payment requirements* will have all courses administratively dropped.
- January 13, 2014 - Entire bill is due if you registered AFTER December 11, have not enrolled in the NELNET/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan or have not met other minimum payment requirements*. Finalized financial aid awards may be deducted from the balance due.
- Payment requirements must be met immediately for registrations after January 13.
- January 17 - Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment will be processed at 3:00 and again at midnight. Student accounts that do not meet the payment requirements* will have all courses administratively dropped.
- February 26 – Late fees will be assessed on accounts not paid BEFORE February 26.
Tuition and fee statements are not mailed. You must monitor your student account online. To access your account balance information go to the Current Students Web Page, E-Services and choose “MnSCU Account Login”. After you are logged in, choose “Bills and Payment”. You can view your balance due by term or your full account detail. Full Account Detail will allow you to review details about your tuition, fees, and other miscellaneous charges by term. Financial aid awarded but not credited to your account will not be available. Financial aid credited to your account and payments to your account are available. If you make changes to your class schedule, drop or add classes, the changes to your balance will be available online. Prior term charges and payments are also available and can be used for tax information.
Two payment options are available from the “Bills and Payment” web page. You may choose “Make a Payment” or “Enroll in a Payment Plan”.
To help you meet your educational expenses, South Central College is proud to offer Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS), formerly FACTS Management Co., as a convenient budget plan. This is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. The cost to budget your interest-free monthly payment plan is a $25 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee. You may budget your tuition and fees in the following ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH) -- ACH payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th or 20th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
- Credit Card Option -- Your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. Payments will be charged on the 5th or 20th of each month until the balance is paid in full.
A “Full Payment” option is also available through Nelnet Business Solutions/FACTS. There is a $2 nonrefundable enrollment fee if you choose this option. Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express credit cards are accepted by Nelnet Business Solutions.
To enroll in the NELNET/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan log into your MnSCU account online, go to "Bills and Payment" and click on "Enroll in Payment Plan".
For more information and enrollment dates, see the Automatic (NBS) Payment Plan Flyer .
NELNET/FACTS e-Cashier can also be accessed directly from here:
Enroll in the NELNET/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan online.
Students who enroll in the NELNET/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan prior to seven calendar days before the semester begins will be given the option to charge up to $600 of the cost of their textbooks and required course materials during the Bookstore Charging Period--which is typically the four business days before the semester start date and the first five days of the semester. The amount charged will then be automatically added to their payment plan balance after the 5th day of the semester and before their next scheduled monthly payment. Charges added to the payment plan balance will increase your monthly budgeted payment amount immediately. The charge receipt signed by the student will serve as written authorization for the increase in payment amount and will override the ten-day notification requirement.
Online Tuition Payment Option
Go to the Current Students Web Page, E-Services and choose “MnSCU Account Login”. After you are logged in, choose “Bills and Payment” and “Make a Payment”. You may pay by e-check or by credit card. VISA, Mastercard and Discover are accepted using this payment option.
On-Campus Tuition Payment Option
You may pay your tuition at the SCC Bookstore on either campus during regular bookstore hours. Payment envelopes and drop boxes are also available during regular college hours. Please write your name and your Tech ID on the check so your tuition account will be properly credited.
Your payment may also be mailed to South Central College, ATTN: Cashier, at either 1920 Lee Boulevard, North Mankato, MN 56003 or 1225 Third Street SW, Faribault, MN 55021. Please write your name and Tech ID on the check. The check must be RECEIVED by the College Cashier by the due date.
A late fee of $50 is charged to students whose tuition is not paid in full or who have not enrolled in the Nelnet Business Solutions/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan by the 30th business day of the term. In addition, by the 30th business day of the term all Nelnet Business Solutions/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan Agreement balances should be equal to the student’s SCC account balance. If a balance remains on a student’s SCC account at the completion of their Nelnet/FACTS agreement, a $50 late fee may be charged. The late fee will also apply to resale activity.