23 October 2012
Free Training for Adults
MANUFACTURING: THE BACKBONE OF MINNESOTA’S ECONOMY!
FastTRAC “Pathways to Manufacturing Careers” Course will prepare you for a career in Computer Integrated Machining
Gain the confidence necessary for college and employment success! Brush up your reading, math and computer skills while exploring manufacturing careers available in the region.
Participants will make connections at SCC, area Workforce Centers and in the manufacturing industry as they develop a plan for their future in this FREE preparation course.
You may qualify if you:
- Will be at least 18 years old by the completion of this course
- Are not enrolled in high school
- Are legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Are unemployed or underemployed
- (part-time or low-wage incomes)
- Are not feeling academically prepared for college (eligibility is determined by the Test of Adult Basic Education)
- Have a HS Diploma or GED complete or will complete by December 20, 2012
To participate, students must:
- Call us to complete an interview process
- Be physically able to perform manufacturing work (career requires heavy lifting & standing for 8-12 hour shifts)
- Commit to attending every class and about 6 hours of homework per week
Time & Location: November 19—December 21, 2012
Pathways classes to be held in convenient locations!
- Morning classes held in Blue Earth: 9-noon Mon/Wed/Fri
- Afternoon classes held in Le Sueur: 2-5 p.m. Mon/Wed/Fri
- Evening classes held in Mankato or New Ulm: 6-9 p.m. Mon/Tue/Thurs
Those participants who demonstrate success in Pathways to Manufacturing Careers may qualify for grant funding to assist with two courses (6 credits) of the Computer Integrated Machining Certificate in Spring, 2013.
To register, contact:
- Mankato/New Ulm Area (507) 345-5222
- Le Sueur Area (507) 665-4626
- Blue Earth Area (507) 526-3172
Download the PDF version of this page