01 March 2012
By Heidi W. Beske, Director of Student Life
We now have 11 spin bikes, 1 recumbent bike, 1 elliptical and 1 treadmill. There are also dumb bells and a bench, but we are waiting on a rack for the bigger weights. The room also has exercise balls and stretch bands for use. The equipment was purchased with Student Life funds.
With anything new and wonderful, there are a few rules.
- You can only use the space during posted hours and ONLY when there is an attendant there.
- These are the hours for this week: Wednesday: 8-11:30 am & 2-4 pm | Thursday: 8-11:30 am and 2:30-4:30 pm
- Only SCC faculty, staff & students can use the space, but MUST show SCC ID each time to use the equipment. It is free to use this semester.
- You must sign a waiver that will be kept on file for the remainder of the school year. It highlights that you will use the equipment at your own risk.
- You must sign in every time you use the space.
- Be respectful of the equipment and the rights of others. Use is a privilege.
- Report any problems or defects in equipment to the attendant.
We hope this is just the beginning of more good things to come! Stop in and check out the equipment during open hours.
Men, you can get a free trial Irish Spring Deodorant/Antiperspirant, while supplies last.