To receive a reasonable accommodation a student must first request the accommodation and provide documentation of the disability. The Academic Support Center is the designated office to certify eligibility for disability services, determine accommodations, and maintain documentation separate from other college records. In general, the college will not act on its own to provide an accommodation to a student unless or until one is requested.

The Academic Support Center will generally require documentation of the disability by the appropriate licensed professional in order to evaluate a request for a reasonable accommodation. Documentation should reflect the nature of the disability and how it affects the student in an academic setting. The law allows the college to request recent documentation. If the disability has changed or fluctuates in intensity, then an up-to-date evaluation of the condition may be requested to determine reasonable accommodations.

Accommodations are arranged each term and students need to communicate with the Academic Support Center supervisor prior to or at the beginning of each term to arrange for academic accommodations.