At SCC, you are responsible for notifying the Academic Support Center if the accommodations that have been provided do not meet your needs. If you have attempted to resolve issues related to your accommodations but you feel that SCC has failed to meet your needs you may file a complaint. Complaints generally are about issues such as:

  • accommodations provided
  • timely implementation of accommodations
  • access to buildings
  • access to information

Complaints are treated seriously at SCC and it has processes in place to investigate and help resolve them. Complaints should be filed in a timely manner and are usually, but do not need to be, submitted in written form.

The complaint process is as follows:

  • Talk to Marilyn Weber in the Academic Support Center about your concern. Usually a complaint can be resolved at this informal level.
  • File a grievance using the procedure found in the College Catalog. The college’s ADA Compliance Officer will work with you to resolve your complaint
  • File a complaint directly with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481 or the Minnesota Department of Human Rights by calling 1-651-296-5663 (Voice) or 1-651-296-1283 (TTY).

If you believe you have been discriminated against or harassed because of your disability, you may bring a complaint under the MnSCU Board Policy 1.B.1. Nondiscrimination in Employment and Educational Opportunity. To do so, contact Ricki Walters at 1-507-433-0368.