South Central College is committed to fostering a campus environment of inclusion, knowledge, and understanding in which faculty, staff, and students learn to value diversity and to respect individual differences that enrich our college community
South Central College (SCC) believes that diversity is essential to its daily operations and seeks to promote access and opportunity for all. SCC actively works to create a more inclusive environment that is welcoming, respectful, and supportive of diverse individuals, experiences, and perspectives. Diversity is important for many reasons:
- Diversity encourages critical thinking as multiple viewpoints are introduced at a time when students are challenging their existing beliefs and developing new ideas about the world.
- Diversity prepares students to work in a global and diverse workforce.
- Diversity encourages all of us to learn more about ourselves, our past, our present, and our future.
- Diversity challenges our preconceptions and misconceptions about others so that we may be better human beings.
“It is imperative that South Central College provide a welcoming atmosphere for all students, visitors, and employees. I believe that each of us contributes to the college’s ability to sustain an atmosphere that attracts and supports a diverse community of learners.”
- Keith Stover, President of South Central College