By Ricki Walters, Regional Diversity Trainer/Investigator
February is African American or Black History Month. It’s a time to commemorate the many significant contributions of African Americans to our society and country. We can all think of a number of people who have made important contributions, but how much do we actually know about black history? Do you know the answers to these questions?
- When did foreign slave trade end in the U.S.?
- What did the Dred Scott case decide?
- What was the significance of June 19, 1865, and why is it known as Juneteenth?
- What were the circumstances surrounding Rosa Parks’ heroic refusal to give up her seat on a Birmingham bus?
- Which four civil rights court cases have recently been reopened, and why?
Find the answers, and more about Black History Month, at: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhm1.html