The South Central College Faribault Campus Foundation was founded in 1983 as the Faribault Area Vocational Technical Trust Association to promote community post-secondary education in the Faribault area. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization governed by a board of directors comprised of individuals from the area, including South Central College alumni.
Summary of the Year
Thanks to the generosity of area businesses and individuals, the Foundation provided over $106,000 in scholarships and program support to Faribault campus students in 2012-13.
Motivated by the theme “Build A Future: Scholarhships Transform Lives,” volunteer fund drive chair Kristen Koch led the Foundation’s 2012-13 annual fund drive to raise over $159,000. Funds are dispersed in the fiscal year after they are raised so in 2013-14, the Foundation has a goal to award $110,000 in scholarships for Faribault campus students.
2013-14 Fund Drive Chair: Garrett Regan
Driven to Dream: Scholarships Pave the Way
Garrett Regan is the manager at Faribault Transportation Company and
Minnesota Coaches, Inc. where he runs a fleet of school buses and
motorcoaches serving the Faribault area. While transporting the community’s
youth to school, he is able to see children mature and grow through education.
Garrett understands South Central College’s benefit to this community as
education is important for adults as well as the youth of any community. Garrett
is helping drive this year’s annual campaign goal of $175,000 to aid South
Central College in spreading higher education throughout our community.
"Higher education plays a vital role in a person’s life by assisting individuals to
reach their lifelong aspirations. South Central College is an integral part of
Faribault and the surrounding communities because post-secondary education
is the vehicle needed to drive the people of this community to reach their dreams
and nurture our self sufficient economy." -Garrett Regan
Endowments are truly gifts that last forever. An endowment can be established to support scholarships or general initiatives of the college and provide annual support for the chosen initiative using interest earned. A minimum contribution of $10,000 is required to establish an endowment and this can be done over a three year period if desired.
The following endowed funds were held by the Foundation in 2013-14.
- Ann (Splinter) Anderson Alumni Endowment
- Bruce Sellner Memorial Endowment
- C & S Vending Endowment
- Carlander Family Endowment
- District One Hospital Endowment
- Dr. Dick & Glenda Huston Endowment
- Faribault Eagles 1460 Endowment
- Faribault Scholarship Foundation, Inc. Endowment
- Farm Business Management Endowment
- Glen Norgaard Endowment
- Harry Brown Family Endowment
- Hy-Vee Endowment
- Jasinski Family Endowment
- Jean & Paul Gillis Endowment
- Jim Munson Endowment
- John & Lucille Hoban Endowment
- Karen Lee Johnson Memorial Endowment
- MRG Tool & Die Endowment
- Marathon Multimedia Endowment
- Mary B. McGillen Memorial Endowment
- Philip J. Dulac Memorial Endowment
- Raymond J. Freund Endowment
- Richie Family Endowment
- Roger & May Golden Endowment
- Tony Korba Memorial Endowment