A 10th grade student may enroll in a career or technical education course through the PSEO program. A career or technical course is a course that is part of a career and technical education program that provides individuals with coherent, rigorous content aligned with academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in current and emerging professions and provides technical skill proficiency, an industry recognized credential, and a certificate, diploma, or an associate degree. Please contact the Admissions office on specific course availability.
To Qualify a Student Must:
- Attain a passing score on the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment in reading
- Be enrolled in a district; homeshool students are not eligible
- Meet any age restriction or prerequisite for the course
- Submit to SCC a completed application by using our Online Application or print out an Application Form and send in the completed form to the college.
- Submit an official high school transcript. Transcripts must be official and should be sent directly to SCC.
- Schedule and complete the Accuplacer assessment.
- Submit an official college transcript if you have taken PSEO or Concurrent Enrollment courses.
- Submit a completed Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program form signed by the student, parent, and high school counselor.
- Submit a completed SCC Student Policy, Contract, and Release form signed by the student and parent.
Students are admitted into a program/major when all the above requirements have been completed and there is space available in the program/major.
South Central College encourages completion of the application process early to assure the best course availability. Completion of application materials is required by the dates listed to be invited to the STAR (Advising and Registration) session the following week.
December 1, 2012
PSEO is not available
|June 1, 2013|
To Continue Enrollment in the PSEO Program:
- Student must maintain at least a 2.0 (“C”) grade point average and a 67% minimum completion rate.
- Student and secondary school contact person must complete the Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program form each semester.
- Student must comply with SCC’s policies as printed in the SCC catalog.
- Students interested in continuing PSEO as a junior or senior must meet class rank eligiblity