Students who are interested in career and technical courses may take one career and technical college level course taught by a college faculty member on a college campus, at their high school or online as early as grade 10. To be eligible to do so, they must be enrolled in a public school, have a minimum of a “proficient” score on the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) test for reading and meet the assessment prerequisites set for the course that must be met by all students. If a student successfully completes the technical course with a C or higher, the student can take additional career and technical courses as long as he or she meets the assessment requirement for those courses. Students who first enter PSEO programming through career and technical education can also begin to take PSEO general education courses in grades 11 and 12 by meeting the assessment prerequisites for the general education course they wish to enroll in, regardless of class rank or percentile on a nationally normed exam.
Please contact the Admissions office on specific course availability.
To Qualify a Student Must:
- Be enrolled in a public school; homeshool students are not eligible
- Have a minimum of a "proficient" score on the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) test for reading
- Meet any age restriction or prerequisite for the course
- Submit to SCC a completed application by using our Online Application or print out an Application Form and send in the completed form to the college.
- Submit an official high school transcript. Transcripts must be official and should be sent directly to SCC.
- Schedule and complete the Accuplacer assessment.
- Submit an official college transcript if you have taken PSEO or Concurrent Enrollment courses.
- Submit a completed Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program form signed by the student, parent, and high school counselor.
- Submit a completed SCC Student Policy, Contract, and Release form signed by the student and parent.
Students are admitted into a program/major when all the above requirements have been completed and there is space available in the program/major.
South Central College encourages completion of the application process early to assure the best course availability. Completion of application materials is required by the dates listed to be invited to the STAR (Advising and Registration) session the following week.
December 2, 2013
PSEO is not available
|June 2, 2014|
To Continue Enrollment in the PSEO Program:
- Student must maintain at least a 2.0 (“C”) grade point average and a 67% minimum completion rate.
- Student and secondary school contact person must complete the Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program form each semester.
- Student must comply with SCC’s policies as printed in the SCC catalog.
- If a student successfully completes the technical course with a C or higher, the student can take additional career and technical courses as long as he or she meets the assessment requirement for those courses.