Students can get a jump start on earning college credits by taking college courses while they are in still in high school through Minnesota’s PSEO program. This program allows students to take college courses tuition free, saving both time and money on completing a college degree. PSEO courses may also fulfill high school course requirements and count toward a high school diploma.
To Qualify a Student Must:
- Seniors – class rank in the upper one-half of their class or have a composite score on ACT at or above the 50th percentile (21 composite)
- Juniors – class rank in the upper one-third of their class or have a composite score on ACT at or above the 70th percentile (24 composite)
- Sophomores - please click here
- Submit to SCC a completed application by using our Online Application or print out an Application Form and send in the completed form to the college.
- Submit an official high school transcript identifying class rank if applicable. Transcripts must be official and should be sent directly to SCC.
- Schedule and complete the Accuplacer assessment.
- Submit an official college transcript if you have taken PSEO or Concurrent Enrollment courses.
- Submit a completed Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program form signed by the student, parent, and high school counselor. Form version 14 is required for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Submit a completed SCC Student Policy, Contract, and Release form signed by the student and parent.
Students are admitted into a program/major when all the above requirements have been completed and there is space available in the program/major. Please note - PSEO students cannot enroll in College Readiness courses.
South Central College encourages completion of the application process early to assure the best course availability. Completion of application materials is required by the dates listed to be invited to the STAR (Advising and Registration) session the following week.
December 2, 2013
PSEO is not available
|June 2, 2014|
To Continue Enrollment in the PSEO Program:
- Student must maintain at least a 2.0 (“C”) grade point average and a 67% minimum completion rate.
- Student and secondary school contact person must complete the Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program form each semester.
- Student must comply with SCC’s policies as printed in the SCC catalog.