- Students must show ability to read and write the English language. All students must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (T.O.E.F.L.) and meet the minimum score requirements.
- Students must declare and pursue a program major on a full-time basis.
- Students must purchase the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities insurance plan.
- Submit to SCC a completed International student application and pay $20 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit transcripts from high school and any college you have attended.
- Complete the Financial Statement form and provide bank statements.
- Complete and submit scores from the TOEFL exam.
- Schedule and complete the Accuplacer assessment.
When all the above requirements have been met, international student information will be entered into the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), a government, computerized system that maintains and manages data about foreign students and exchange visitors during their stay in the United States. This tracking system is part of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), which is now managed by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). SEVIS is the agency that will issue an I-20 MN Form, which will allow students to proceed with arrangements to enter the United States and begin studying.
South Central College encourages completion of the application process early to assure the best course availability. Completion of application materials is required by the dates listed to be invited to the STAR (Advising and Registration) session the following week.
November 1, 2013
March 1, 2014
|June 1, 2014|
Prospective Student Resources:
International Student Application (PDF document 131K)
This application is to be used by international students applying as freshmen and as transfer students.
10 Tips On Getting A U.S. Visa (PDF document 22K)
Points to Remember When Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa - Courtesy of NAFSA
Current Student Resources:
SEVIS Transfer - Out Form (PDF document 14K)
International Students Request to Transfer from SCC to another Educational Institution within the US
F-1 Reinstatement (PDF document 35K)
Template for International Students to Request "Re-instatement" from the Department of Homeland Security
Reduced Course Load Form (PDF document 25K)
Academic Adviser Certification for International Students Enrolled Less Than Full-Time
Program Extension Request Form (PDF document 25K)
Academic Adviser Certification extending your I-20 Form for International Students Requesting an Extension
Optional Practical Training Checklist (PDF document 25K)
Academic Advisor Certification for International Students Requesting OPT