By Tami Reuter, North Mankato Foundation Director
With the excitement of spring also comes the excitement of many new ways to become more involved with the South Central College Foundation. We hope you will review our list of upcoming activities, but more importantly we hope you will be inspired to be involved.
Scholarship Selection (April 2-5)
The students have submitted their scholarship applications, and it’s time for us to begin reviewing the numerous applications. Are you interested in helping?
Your input along with that of other community members will help us in awarding the scholarship dollars. Would you be willing to join us for a two-hour time slot to read and critique the scholarship applications of our students? Please feel free to invite others to be involved in this rewarding process.
Below is a list of scheduled review times. Please let us know what time(s) would work the best for you. Each of our review sessions will be hosted in the President’s Conference Room on the SCC North Mankato Campus. (We would encourage volunteers from off campus to park in the visitor parking lot near SCC’s front entrance.)
The times available for reviewing applications include:
- Monday, April 2 (3-5 p.m.)
- Tuesday, April 3 (8-10 a.m.)
- Tuesday, April 3 (12:30-2:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, April 3 (3-5 p.m.)
- Wednesday, April 4 (9-11 a.m.)
- Thursday, April 5 (8:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Thursday, April 5 (1-3 p.m.)
Alumni Breakfast (April 20)
Another event quickly approaching is our 1st SCC Alumni Breakfast, scheduled for the morning of April 20. Our hope is to bring alumni to campus and let them experience South Central College as it is today, listen to stories from our students and faculty, and ultimately inspire them to become involved with South Central College again.
Are you a graduate of SCC? Do you know other SCC alumni? We are seeking individuals to personally invite SCC graduates to join them for this breakfast event. If you are interested in helping out, please call the Foundation Office.
Thank you to our generous sponsor:
Golf Classic (May 21)
And finally, our longest-running annual event and a mainstay in our fundraising efforts, now in its 18th year, the SCC Foundation Golf Classic will be held Monday, May 21 at the Mankato Golf Club. The tournament is a favorite of many golfers in our area.
New this year – Watch for all the auction items that are typically only available for bidding by those at the event to be online at http://biddingforgood.com/scc by May 14.
Are We Ready? (May 17)
On May 17, 2012, SCC will host keynote speaker Dennis Manley from Mercy-St. John’s Hospital in Joplin, Missouri. Dennis will recount his experiences resulting from an EF5 tornado that ripped through the medical center in Joplin and give insights on how that community came together in the aftermath. Following the keynote, a regional panel will share their message about the importance of emergency planning and their experience collaborating with other groups.
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
Thank you! Thank you!
We truly appreciate your support of the SCC Foundation.
If you would like additional information,
please contact us at 507-389-7342.
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News March 2012
- N. Mankato Foundation News - Feb. 2012
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - October 2011
- 2011 N. Mankato Scholarship Award Photos
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - May 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - April 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - March 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - February 2011
- SCC Academic Honors List, Fall 2010
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - December 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation News - November 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - October 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - May 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - March 2010
- The Mankato Clinic Foundation awards $16,000 grant to South Central College - February 2010
- Mankato Campus Foundation Update - February 2010