Staff/Faculty Email Access
Email is an important communication tool at SCC! Through SCC email you will get college-wide announcements and other important updates.How do I get an email account?
Supervisors must complete and submit authorization before an email account can be set up for new faculty or staff.How do I access email?
Email accounts are accessed using your network login username and password. You can access your SCC email two ways:
- from any computer with an internet connection go to http://sccmail.southcentral.edu. There is also a link titled "Check Email" on the Faculty/Staff page (left column in the Popular Links menu).
- You can also use Microsoft Outlook on any campus PC (most have an Outlook icon on the desktop; otherwise look among the Programs for Microsoft Outlook).
- Your password must be at least 6 characters long.
- It may not contain your username or any part of your full name.
- It must contain characters from at least 3 of the following 4 classes:
- An English upper case letter (A, B, C, ...Z)
- An English lower case letter (a, b, c, ...z)
- A number (0, 1, 2, ...9)
- A "Special Character" or punctuation mark (* or , or +)
You need a college network account to use campus computers, printers, and network resources such as network storage space (My Files), and class files. Your network/email account is created upon your supervisor's request. When launching any computer on campus you'll be asked for your login information.
Note: when using a public computer be sure to log off before leaving the workstation.
If you have further questions, please call the Help Desk at Ext. 7280 (Mankato Campus), 39+7280 (Faribault Campus), or 507-389-7280 (Off Campus).