South Central College‚Äôs campuses are open.  To ensure the continued health and safety of everyone on campus, the following protocols are currently in place.  

Safe College Plan

Please see the Fall Semester 2021 COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies and Approach for details on how we can all work together to ensure a safe environment on our campuses. 

Face Coverings

Face masks are now required throughout South Central College's Faribault and North Mankato Campuses, based on CDC guidance for masking indoors in regions with substantial to high levels of COVID-19 transmission. Neck Gators and Bandanas are not allowed to be used as face coverings. Face shields are also not allowed except when presenting or speaking to a group/class and social distancing at 6 feet, but at all other times a face mask must be worn. See SCC's Fall 2021 Safe College Plan for additional guidance and how to seek an accommodation if you are unable wear a face mask. 

Social Distancing

Social distancing of 3 feet is required in all classrooms, with 6 foot distancing encouraged throughout other areas of our campuses whenever possible.

Vaccination Sites

South Central College encourages everyone who is able to do so to get vaccinated in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.    

Vaccination Clinics:
Blue Earth County Public Health Vaccination Clinic Info. 
Nicollet County Public Health Vaccination Clinic Info.
Rice County Public Health Vaccination Clinic Info.
State of Minnesota Vaccine Connector

General Vaccine Resources from MDH and CDC: 

Vaccine Facts
Vaccine Basics
What You Should Know About COVID-19 Vaccines
Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines  
Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines

Vaccination and Testing Requirements

Employees and Student Workers:  All State of Minnesota employees, including all employees and student workers at South Central College, are required to show proof of vaccination or participate in regular testing. This requirement went into effect on September 8, 2021.

Students Traveling Overnight on Behalf of South Central College:  Students traveling overnight with a college program or activity will need to submit proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test. Prior to travel, these students will be sent directions on submitting a Vaccination Attestation Form in SCC eServices, with appropriate COVID-19 testing set up by SCC for those who are not vaccinated. 

Case Data

South Central College continues to monitor case levels at the college and in the region. College case data is updated weekly on the Minnesota State System Dashboard. Regional case information is available on the websites of the Minnesota Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.  


We continue to encourage  everyone to take the following steps to stay healthy and prevent the spread communicable illnesses, including cold and flu:

  1. Be vigilant with coughing and sneezing hygiene and handwashing practices to help you stay healthy.
  2. Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick whenever possible.
  3. If you are sick, stay at home until you are free of fever, signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). SCC Students: Work with your instructors regarding any absences due to illness, based on their established processes. For an illness lasting more than two weeks, feel free to contact Kelly Karstad, Director of the Academic Support Center at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or (507) 389-7339 for assistance.

Emergency Grants for SCC Students Impacted by the Pandemic

Current and new SCC students are eligible to apply for emergency relief fund grants to help pay for unforeseen education-related expenses due to COVID-19. Grants may cover:

  • Tuition, textbooks, course supplies and materials
  • Technology (e.g. computer purchase and internet)
  • Transportation (e.g. automobile service and public transportation)
  • Food, housing, utilities and childcare

Learn more on the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund page.