South Central College’s campuses are now open. To ensure the continued health and safety of our students, faculty, students and visitors, the following protocols are currently in place.
Face coverings are no longer required on campus. However, if you have not yet been fully vaccinated, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends you still wear a face covering. Vaccinated individuals may also choose to wear masks as a preventative measure.
During the summer, the following entrances will be available on our campuses:
- Visitors and New Students: Door 4 in Faribault and Door 1 in North Mankato
- Current Students: Door 4 on the Faribault Campus and Door 15 or 30 on the North Mankato Campus
- Employees: Any of the above entrances or any door where your keycard works
- Campus hours are posted on our Faribault Campus Hours and North Mankato Campus Hours pages
Social distancing of 3 feet is required in all classrooms and encouraged throughout other areas of our campuses whenever possible.
We continue to encourage everyone to take the following steps to stay healthy and prevent the spread communicable illnesses, including cold and flu:
- Be vigilant with coughing and sneezing hygiene and handwashing practices to help you stay healthy.
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick whenever possible.
Emergency Grants for SCC Students Impacted by the Pandemic
Current and new SCC students are eligible to apply for emergency relief fund grants to help pay for unforeseen education-related expenses due to COVID-19? Grants may cover:
- Tuition, textbooks, course supplies and materials
- Technology (e.g. computer purchase and internet)
- Transportation (e.g. automobile service and public transportation)
- Food, housing, utilities and childcare
Learn more on the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund page.