The world has changed, and to ensure we are continuing to meet your educational needs, South Central College (SCC) is evolving with it. At the same time, we take seriously our responsibility to protect the health and safety of our students, our faculty and staff, and any visitors to our campus. Keep Learning was created to provide you with information and resources you need to find success at SCC and beyond. We will be continuously updating this page, so please check back regularly!
Staying Safe During Fall Semester
South Central College, in coordination with the Minnesota State system and healthcare agencies, has implemented the following procedures to ensure a safe return to campus this fall.
Course Delivery - Fall semester classes will be delivered in a variety of formats, including online, on-campus, and a combination of online and on-campus (hybrid), based on your individual program needs.
Bookstore Online Ordering - Fall semester textbooks are available to order online only through the SCC Bookstore Website. Orders will be processed & shipped for free or students can choose curbside pick-up on select days at both campuses.
Parking Permits - More information about parking permits will be available in September. At this time, parking permits will not be required to park on campus.
Student Start-Up - Student start-up is available online. It is required for all new students but may be helpful for returning students as you transition to a hybrid environment. To access Start-Up 2020, sign in to D2L and select Student Lounge - Fall 2020 - OSL20213fall from your Classes. Click the “Materials” to reveal a drop-down and select “Content.” Start-Up 2020 is a module on the left side navigation.
Enhanced Health and Safety Measures - To ensure everyone's health and safety, SCC is implementing the following requirements for all students, faculty, and staff, and visitors while on campus:
- Preparedness Plan: Before coming back to campus for the first time, you will need to review SCC's Back-to-Campus Preparedness Plan and then complete the COVID-19 Permission to be on Campus Form.
- Screening Tool: Every day you plan to be on campus for more than 15 minutes, you must complete a short health self-assessment utilizing our online Screening Tool before entering the facility (For more details, see the Video Tutorial and Frequently Asked Questions).
- Social Distancing: All campus areas have been addressed to enable six-foot social distancing between individuals.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: SCC continues to strictly follow the protocols recommended by the Minnesota Department of Health, the CDC, and our state leaders.
- Door entrances: Current students should use the following doors to access their classes.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at 507-389-7200 or via the Fall 2020 Keep Learning Form.