The world has changed, and to ensure we are continuing to meet your educational needs, South Central College (SCC) is evolving with it. At the same time, we take seriously our responsibility to protect the health and safety of our students, our faculty and staff, and any visitors to our campus. Keep Learning was created to provide you with the information and resources you need to find success at SCC and beyond. We will be continuously updating this page, so please check back regularly!
Staying Safe During Fall Semester
South Central College, in coordination with the Minnesota State system and healthcare agencies, has implemented the following procedures to ensure a safe return to campus this fall.
Spring 2021 Registration: - Spring registration is open! Spring 2021 courses will delivered in a variety of formats, including online, on-campus, and a combination of online and on-campus (hybrid), based on your individual program needs. Register now
Bookstore Online Ordering - Spring semester textbooks will be available to purchase ONLINE only through the SCC Bookstore Website. The SCC Bookstore online ordering will open on December 1. Orders will be processed and shipped for free. Order early to ensure you receive your books in time for your classes.
Book Buyback: The bookstore is looking for books from last spring semester, summer session, and the current fall semester. There will be an on-campus book buyback to purchase your textbooks November 23–25 from 9 a.m.–3 p.m. on both campuses. Buyback will be located at door #1 in North Mankato and door #4 in Faribault. Appointments are required and can be made through SCC Bookstore Bookings. Select your campus and pick your appointment time. Spots are limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis. Due to social distancing and COVID safety guidelines, we cannot accept walk-ins.
Library Services: The Library will return to fully virtual services from November 25–January 10. Virtual Hours will be 7:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you need to return materials, the drop-off book bins outside both libraries will still be accessible. Please check the Library Hours webpage regularly for updates and details about changes in services.
Parking Permits - Parking permits can be purchased Mon-Thurs from 11:30 AM-5:00 PM through Campus Security on both campuses. Purchases can be made at a table outside the Welcome Center (near Door 1) on the North Mankato campus and at a table by Door 4 on the Faribault campus.
Enhanced Health and Safety Measures - To ensure everyone's health and safety, SCC is implementing the following requirements for all students, faculty, and staff, and visitors while on campus:
- Preparedness Plan: Before coming back to campus for the first time, you will need to review SCC's Back-to-Campus Preparedness Plan and then complete the COVID-19 Permission to be on Campus Form.
- Screening Tool: Every day you plan to be on campus for more than 15 minutes, you must complete a short health self-assessment utilizing our online Screening Tool before entering the facility (For more details, see the Video Tutorial and Frequently Asked Questions).
- Social Distancing: All campus areas have been addressed to enable six-foot social distancing between individuals.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: SCC continues to strictly follow the protocols recommended by the Minnesota Department of Health, the CDC, and our state leaders.
- Door entrances: Current students should use the following doors to access their classes.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at 507-389-7200 or via the Fall 2020 Keep Learning Form.