The world has changed, and to ensure we are continuing to meet your educational needs, South Central College (SCC) is evolving with it. At the same time, we take seriously our responsibility to protect the health and safety of our students, our faculty and staff, and any visitors to our campus. Keep Learning was created to provide you with the information and resources you need to find success at SCC and beyond. We will be continuously updating this page, so please check back regularly!
Staying Safe During Summer Semester
South Central College, in coordination with the Minnesota State system and healthcare agencies, has implemented the following procedures to ensure a safe return to the campus.
- Face Coverings: Per the Governor's order, face coverings are no longer required on campus. However, if you have not yet been fully vaccinated, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends you still wear a face covering.
- Campus Entrances: Visit the Student Services During Summer Semester page for more information
- Social Distancing: Everyone is required to continue to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others when on campus. Socializing in groups outside of classrooms/labs is also discouraged, with formal gathering spaces continuing to be closed at this time.
- COVID-19 Symptoms, Positive Test or Exposure: If you are experiencing symptoms, have tested positive, or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, please do not come to campus. You should begin a period of quarantine for 14 days from the date of last contact with the positive case and contact your instructor.
- Funding for students will continue to be available through CARES Emergency Fund Grants to help cover expenses resulting from the pandemic.
- Computers: Computers: Student computer labs and parking lot wi-fi are currently available on both campuses. In North Mankato, B-120 is available to students and in Faribault, C-230 is open. See the Campus and Student Services page for more details.
- Bookstore Online Ordering - Semester textbooks will be available to purchase Online Only through the SCC Bookstore Website. Orders will be processed and shipped for free.
- Library: The library will be open for limited hours this summer. Please check the Library Hours webpage for current hours and details about changes in services. If you need to return materials, the drop-off book bins outside both libraries will be accessible.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at 507-389-7200 or via the Summer 2021 Keep Learning Form.