The Science Center has tutoring to fit your needs...schedules for study groups & walk-in times are posted weekly outside of your science lecture and lab rooms and are emailed to you via SCC email.
The Science Center has many of the anatomy models if you need to review before your lab quiz or lab practical...you can stop by anytime to utilize our many models whether a study group is scheduled to meet or not! Cannot find the model you want to review? Speak to Elaine about the model you need from the C-121 lab.
The Science Center space can also be used for study space...the facility provides a quiet study space for individuals or small groups...there is plenty of table space to spread out books, notes, and handouts. There is also a wall-sized whiteboard to draw out pictures, write equations, etc. Stop by and check us out!
Also, check out the Science Center D2L site (listed as one of your courses on D2L) for additional materials for study, such as handouts, labeling diagrams, animations, and more.
Want more information about tutoring? Stop by The Math and Science Center in E170. In October 2022 we will have a new Science Tutor hired who will be available for study group, individual, and walk-in tutoring for all courses listed below. Until then, you can stop by the Math and Science Center to study anatomy models and posters and use the study resources we have available for other courses.
Study groups are held on both campuses and can also be set up online in the “SCC tutors on Zoom” online tutoring room. Research has shown that students that participate in study groups often receive higher grades than those who do not participate. Students learn to be more confident about their science courses, understand processes, comprehend data, and utilize study skills/tips they may not have known about prior to joining a study group.
Tutoring is offered for the following courses on the North Mankato campus:
- Introduction to Biology (BIOL 100)
- Introduction to Ecology (BIOL 101)
- General Biology I (BIOL 115)
- General Biology II (BIOL 116)
- Human Biology (BIOL 162)
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 220)
- Human Physiology (BIOL 230)
- Pathophysiology (BIOL 240)
- Microbiology (BIOL 270)
- Chemistry for the Health Sciences (CHEM 110)
- Principles of Chemistry I (CHEM 120)
- Principles of Chemistry II (CHEM 121)
- Introduction to Physical Geography (GEOG 101)
- Introduction to Weather and Climate (GEOG 104)
- Science content for MDLT courses
- Medical Terminology (HC 1000)
- Anatomy & Physiology/Diseases & Conditions I & II (HC 1914 & 1924)