Curriculum for Ag Science Education - CASE
July 24th - August 3rd
CASE is an ambitious project started by the National Council for Agricultural Education in 2007. The project goal is to implement a national curriculum for secondary agricultural education that provides a high level of educational experiences to enhance the rigor and relevance of agriculture, food, and natural resources (AFNR) subject matter. Besides elevating the rigor of AFNR knowledge and skills, CASE provides purposeful enhancement of science, mathematics, and English language understanding.
CASE develops curriculum utilizing science inquiry for lesson foundation and concepts are taught using activity-, project-, and problem-based instructional strategies. In addition to the curriculum aspect of CASE, the project ensures quality teaching by providing extensive professional development for teachers that leads to certification.
The final component of CASE is assessment. CASE curriculum is designed to promote a common understanding of agricultural concepts by all CASE students. By providing instruction based on common concepts, national assessments of agricultural education programs can be accomplished in ways that are valid and meaningful.
- July 24- July 30, 2022: University of Minnesota Education Center Dormitories located northwest of St. Peter, MN in New Sweden Township in Nicollet County at a 4,500 dairy farm with an accompanying dorm with capacity for 20 guests.
- July 31- August 3, 2022: Comfort Inn & Suites- located in North Mankato, MM
Purchase orders and checks should be made payable to South Central College.
Send payments to:
South Central College
1920 Lee Boulevard
North Mankato, MN 56003
CASE Institute Cancellation Policy:
- Full registration refund for cancellations before April 1st
- $200 cancellation fee incurred for cancellations received later than April 1st but more then 30-days from the start date
- $800 cancellation fee incurred for cancellations received within 30-days from the start date or participant is a no-show. At their discretion, hosts may include an additional cancellation fee to recoup non-refundable costs.