Signing in to Office 365 and Multifactor Authentication
- From the southcentral.edu website, click on MySCC at the top right of the page and choose the Email option from the drop menu or go directly to: https://portal.office.com/
- Type in your username*: YourStarID@go.minnstate.edu and click Next
- Be sure you see the Minnesota State branding in the background. Type in your StarID password and click Sign in.
- For first-time users: After authenticating, you will be prompted to enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). You will be asked your preferred method to verify your login.
- You can use a mobile app (Microsoft Authenticator)
- or use a phone number (text a code or receive a call to press #).
- For any time after: Select your preferred method. If you choose to receive a code - type it into the prompt.
Accessing Outlook and More
- Once logged in to Office, you will be met with a home page where you can open your Office 365 online applications.
- Open Outlook on the left side of the home page to access your inbox.
You can also download the Outlook mobile ap at this address: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/outlook-mobile-for-android-and-ios