The Early Middle College Program at South Central College allows students who are currently enrolled in a partnered Alternative Learning Center the opportunity to earn college credit towards a high school diploma and an Associate’s degree.
Early Middle College students can take free developmental courses and are eligible to take classes during the summer.
- Submit a completed South Central College application by using our Online Application or print out a Application Form in PDF format and send in the completed form to the college.
- Submit an official high school transcript identifying GPA or class rank. Transcripts must be official and sent directly to SCC.
- Submit a copy of the Early Middle College Notice of Student Registration Form. Sign by typing the corresponding names in the signature field of student, parent, and high school counselor. Submit the completed form to your school counselor for their signature and they will forward it to South Central College.
- Submit an official college transcript if you have taken PSEO or Concurrent Enrollment courses. SCC may be able to obtain your official transcripts from any of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities at no charge to you.
- Submit any earned Articulated College Credit (ACC) or Advanced Placement (AP) scores.
Note: 19-21 year old students follow the 12th grade criteria. Work with your high school counselor to complete the PSEO Extended Eligibility paperwork in addition to completing the Admission steps.