PSEO students to need follow different requirements depending on if they are new or returning to PSEO at South Central College. Click on the heading below that matches your status.
New Student Registration
After being admitted to PSEO at South Central College, new PSEO students need to complete the following steps:
- Your STAR ID is the username you'll need to login and maintain your academic record (example: ac1234cd).
- If you have not activated your STAR ID or you have forgotten it or your password, visit https://starid.minnstate.edu.
- Your STAR ID and password are used to complete the online orientation, register for classes, and to log in to a variety of services.
- Text Messaging - Turn on text messaging in e-Services to receive important reminders and communications from SCC. See instructions in the sidebar of this page.
- SCC Email is the main form of communication used by the college.
- Use the log-in instructions to help set-up your SCC email
- Online Orientation
- Determine Course Placement
- If it is determined that you need a course placement assessment, you will receive an email to the email address entered on your admission application.
- If you are placed into college readiness courses, talk to your high school counselor. Many general education courses at SCC require students to be college level in reading which may result in you not being able to take certain courses.
- Advising Registration Session (Optional)
- Students must consult with their high school guidance counselor before selecting courses to ensure their progress towards high school graduation.
- Students who have met with their guidance counselor and still have questions about course selection may schedule to attend an Advising and Registration Session
- Register for Courses
- After completing the above steps, you can register for your courses. Here is a document that shows you how to register for courses: How to Register in e-Services
Returning Student Registration
South Central College offers year-round registration – starting in mid-March, students can register for the entire next school year’s courses.
To continue enrollment in the PSEO program, students must:
- Maintain at least a 2.0 (“C”) grade point average (GPA) and a 67% minimum completion rate.
- Comply with SCC’s policies located on the Student and Academic Policies webpage
- Complete the PSEO Notice of Student Registration Form each semester.
- Turn in a new form in the spring for the next year’s course registration
- Turn in a new form by November 1st to register and secure your enrollment for spring semester
- If a new form is not received, you will be dropped from your spring courses
Returning Textbooks - Textbooks used through the program are property of SCC. All PSEO students must return textbooks to the SCC Bookstore by the last day of finals. If textbooks are not returned, a HOLD will be placed on your record which will keep your transcripts from leaving SCC and keep you from registering for any future terms. You will also receive a BILL for any textbooks not returned by the deadline at the used book price. If textbooks are returned damaged, as determined by the Bookstore, you will be responsible for the cost of the textbook.
Dismissal from PSEO Program - Students who do not maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA and 67% cumulative completion rate will be dismissed from the PSEO program. It is encouraged that you return to your high school to complete courses, so you can continue to work towards high school graduation.
If you feel that you had extenuating circumstances leading to your dismissal, you have the option to appeal the dismissal decision. Appeal information is sent to the student with notice of dismissal at the end of a semester when final grades are posted.