South Central College Nursing Program will utilize the ATI TEAS® exam to test academic skills for indicators of readiness and success in a nursing program. The exam consists of reading, mathematics, science and English and Language Usage. Each exam consists of 170 questions and has a time limit of 209 minutes (about 3 ½ hours). Each subject has a set time limit. Each subject is assessed to make sure minimum scores are met.
This exam is required as part of the application process for the nursing programs at South Central College. The ATI TEAS® exam score required must be a mean of 58.7 or more for application to the Practical Nursing Program and 64 or more for the Professional Nursing Program.
Preparation: Practice exams and other study resources are available on the ATI™ website. Preparation for the exam is highly encouraged for all students.
The exam is completed face to face on the North Mankato and Faribault campuses.
To ensure space availability, please register at least one week prior to the testing date.
SCC offers testing throughout the nursing application periods. Check the ATI TEAS website for dates and times.
Exam Registration – Registration will be completed online through the ATI website. When registering for the exam follow these steps:
- Select TEAS > Register for TEAS in the ATI wesite's main menu
- Click on Register Now button
- In the pop-up box click on the In-Person button
- Select the following drop-down options
- Program Type: TEAS for Nursing Students
- Search By: School Name
- State: MN
- School : South Central College TEAS
- Select which campus you want to take the exam at South Central College Faribault TEAS or South Central College North Mankato TEAS
- Click the Search button
- Select the day you want to take the Exam
Cost: $92, payment is made through ATI. There is no refund for missed or rescheduled exams. Rescheduling will require additional payment.
Day of Exam
- Watch your email 24 hours prior to your exam for additional information.
- Arrive to SCC 10 minutes before your exam start time.
- Bring the following items: a photo ID, your ATI username and password.
- SCC will provide 2 pencils and scratch paper for your use during the exam.
Note: Students are limited to four ATI TEAS attempts for the SCC Nursing program application in two years.