Home School students can participate in PSEO. Students may enroll part-time or full-time in the program. They may complete one course or an entire degree. PSEO students have their tuition, fees, and all required textbooks covered by the PSEO program.
Eligible Minnesota Home School students who wish to enroll under this program must submit:
- South Central College application
- PSEO Form - The PSEO form requires the high school counselor’s signature, as well as the parent's signature before admission will be considered. A student may not be eligible for any college program that requires completion of a high school diploma or GED for entrance.
- official transcript of high school/Home School credits (with grades assigned) completed to date
- Seniors must score at or above the 50th percentile on a nationally standardized test such as ACT, SAT, PreACT, ASPIRE, or PSAT.
- Juniors must score at or above the 70th percentile on a nationally standardized test such as ACT, SAT, PreACT, ASPIRE, or PSAT.
- Sophomore-level home school students may be asked to take a Course Placement Assessment.
Note: 19-21 year-old students follow the 12th-grade criteria. Work with your high school counselor to complete the PSEO Extended Eligibility paperwork in addition to completing the Admission steps.