Online Education Quiz
Online education is a positive experience for most students, but it's not right for everyone. Take the Minnesota State distance learning quiz to help you decide if online courses are a good choice. Feedback on your quiz answers will help you better understand what it takes to succeed.
Top considerations before you take an online course
- You will need a computer and an Internet connection. Check technology requirements for online courses.
- You also will need basic computer skills to create, download, and upload documents.
- Online education courses can move quickly and you will be more successful if you are motivated and can work independently.
- You will need to devote a sufficient number of hours each week toward your online education studies. A good estimate is 3 hours per credit per week for a standard sixteen-week semester. This estimate is based on a "typical" student's abilities.
- You must be able to express yourself well in writing.
- You can simultaneously take on-campus and online education courses.
- Some online courses may require you to attend class in person some of the time or at least check in at specific times. Check the course description for more information.