Login using the D2L Brightspace login page (use your StarID/password)
Logging into D2L Brightspace for the First Time
- Go to https://southcentral.learn.minnstate.edu
- You should see D2L Brightspace Log In Screen and click the "Sign on with StarID" button.
- Enter your StartID and Password, then click the "Sign on" button.
After a successful login, you will see your home page. Locate the "My Courses" widget on the middle bottom of the page. Look for the current courses listed. Click the linked course title to open your course (see the example image below). If you do not see any courses listed, use the "View All Courses" link to search for current semester courses.
Click the course name to access and view the course content, assignments, quizzes, discussions, grades, etc.
If you have forgotten your password, use the "Forgot Password" link on the D2L Brightspace login page to access the StarID Self Service page that will allow you to set a new password for your StarID.
Request D2L Brightspace Login Assistance
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- A detailed description of the kind of issues you are having with D2L Brightspace.
Expect a reply to your questions through e-mail within 24 hours Monday through Friday. Help with questions that come in over the weekend will be provided on Mondays.
Additional Help Resources
- D2L Brightspace Support Web Site (provided by Minnesota State)
- D2L Brightspace System Check
- SCC Student Login Guide (PDF)
- SCC Student Technology Help Web Page
- StarID Self-Service Web Page
- How to Prepare for Online Courses
Things That Can Interfere with D2L Brightspace
D2L Brightspace courses may contain items that rely on pop-up windows (a new window that appears in addition to the one you are viewing). Pop-up blockers can be part of the web browser or a separate, third-party utility. Pop-up blockers may need to be disabled for you to access your course content.
Pop-up blockers may be part of your browser or a separate utility. Some common solutions to turning off pop-up blockers can be found on the SmartPros Popup Blocker Guide
Third-Party Toolbars (Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.)
Disable or remove toolbars
Browser Privacy Settings
Should be set to Default
Cookies should be enabled
Clear Temporary Internet Files
Browsers save some information from websites in their cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites. Instructions on how to do this can be found on Digital Trends - How to Clear Your Browser Cache webpage.