Visit the TRIO Application form for more information and to apply online!
Advising appointments are for current members of TRIO only. If you have already been accepted as a TRIO participant, schedule an appointment with your TRIO Advisor.
After you complete a TRIO application, we will review your application, gather supporting documentation, and determine your eligibility for the program. We will contact you via email to let you know whether you qualify for membership. If you do qualify, you will receive an email invitation to a personalized information session about the specific ways that TRIO can benefit you. Please remember to check your email.
Need more information?
- Please use the TRIO Online Application to apply.
TRIO is your pathway to success
SCC is the recipient of a five-year federal TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) grant funded through the US Department of Education. The $242,136 grant will allow SCC to provide individualized and proactive support services to students who are eligible for federal student aid who are also first-generation students, low-income students, or students with disabilities. Objectives of the TRIO SSS grant include increasing the numbers of students who stay in college, who maintain good grades and good academic standing, who graduate and who transfer to four-year colleges.
TRIO SSS students may receive assistance in the following areas:
- Individual Student Success Plan
- Academic advising
- Monitoring of academic progress
- Academic success workshops: time management/test-taking/note-taking/math skills, etc.
- Academic involvement
- Study skills development
- Transfer planning
- Computer skills assistance
- FAFSA completion assistance
- Review of financial aid awards
- Financial literacy and budget management skills
- Identification of alternative sources of aid
- Scholarship search and application assistance
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Leadership opportunities
- Academic and personal goal setting
- GPS Lifeplan Modules: Career, Education, Finance, Leadership, Personal
- Networking with faculty/staff
- Career exploration and planning
- Choosing a major
- Resume/cover letter writing
- Referrals to on and off-campus resources
- Stress management
- Time management