Photo of Students StudyingEconomical Choice - Your two years at South Central will cost approximately one-third less than if you completed them at a four-year Minnesota state college or university.

Satisfy Your First Two Years of a 4-Year Degree
If you complete a South Central two-year transfer degree you can transfer to a Minnesota State college or university satisfying the first two years of a four-year degree.

South Central degrees designed to begin a four-year degree include:

Additionally, your two years at South Central will cost approximately one-third less than if you completed them at a four-year Minnesota State university. The transfer option is an economical choice for many students.

Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
Since Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (Minnesota State) is a united system, the schools work together to make transferring easier by offering the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, a set of courses that will transfer to any Minnesota State college or university.  Students can help if they talk with an advisor and use the established pathways created by transfer agreements. Learn more about how to transfer to South Central from our Transfer Policy Page.

Transfer of Credit
Credits for transfer from Minnesota State colleges and universities shall follow the Minnesota State Undergraduate Transfer Policy. South Central College will review the transfer of credit for courses from colleges and universities that are not a part of Minnesota State. Credits will be accepted based on comparability and applicability. Course goals, content, and level must be similar. All credits considered for transfer must have been completed with a grade of “C/2.0” or better. The official evaluation will be completed after the student is admitted to SCC.

  • Evaluation of transfer is done upon initial admission to SCC. Any subsequent request for evaluation must be submitted on a Transfer Evaluation form to the Registrar’s Office.
  • Students shall provide documentation (course syllabus, course description) from the college or university for the course to be transferred.
  • Students may schedule an appointment with the Registrar’s Office, Transfer Specialist.
  • Students will receive a copy of the Transfer of Credit Evaluation form and a copy of their revised South Central College transcript.
  • Students may appeal the decision of the Transfer Credit Evaluation as outlined in the Minnesota State Undergraduate Transfer Policy.

Transfer Appeal Process
If a student is not satisfied with the courses transferred in the outcome of the above Transfer of Credit process, the appeal process is as follows:

  1. Meet with the Transfer Coordinator to provide clarification of the transfer. The clarification process involves faculty input and evaluation of the course description. The Transfer Coordinator may require the student to produce a copy of course syllabi and may do additional research on the course in question. The Transfer Coordinator may or may not transfer additional classes after this meeting. If the student is not satisfied with the end result of this meeting, they may proceed to the next step.
  2. A written appeal submitted to the Dean of Students regarding the result of the transfer. The Dean of Students will examine what courses have been completed and determine if any further action is necessary.