Become a Cybersecurity Professional
Across nearly every industry, cybersecurity skills are in demand to ensure the secure handling of data online and protect it from attacks, amongst other essential duties.
This online Cybersecurity Boot Camp is designed to empower the next generation of cybersecurity professionals to tackle advanced and critical threats. No previous experience is needed—just your dedication and eagerness to learn. By the end of your boot camp, you will gain the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to succeed in IT security and earn today’s most sought-after certifications.
What You Will Learn
In our Cybersecurity Boot Camp, you will explore:
- Key concepts of popular communication protocols, the configuration of routers/switches, and TCP/IP implementation
- Fundamentals of data security and auditing
- How to identify, evaluate, and mitigate security risk
- How malicious hackers attack systems and tactics to thwart online attacks
- How disparate components connect to form complex networks
- The role played by cybersecurity analysts and the skills required
How Boot Camps Work
- Six months of interactive, self-paced training that requires 15 to 25 hours a week to complete the curriculum
- Prepare to pass one of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CySa+, Pentest+, or EC-Council CEH
- Get ten 30-minute online coaching sessions with your instructor
- Complete multiple course projects and a final capstone to help you prepare a professional level portfolio to show prospective employers
FAQs About Cybersecurity Boot Camp
How will the training sessions be conducted?
Learning is entirely online and self-paced to suit your schedule. You’ll have access to interactive video lessons, labs for real-world practice, discussion boards to engage with peers and live one-on-one coaching sessions with an industry expert instructor.
How many coaching sessions will there be?
You will have about five coaching sessions that the instructor might schedule for you. In these sessions, you can seek help from your coach for a topic you want assistance with.
Will there be any hands-on labs during the course?
The Cybersecurity Boot Camp is not just about learning theory. We have designed practical exercises to teach students the concepts of different fundamentals. You will be required to perform those exercises in class, and the results will be shared with you right away. This course will enable you to learn via exposure to a virtual lab environment, which will help you gain hands-on skills and a deeper understanding of the practical aspects of the course.
Does this course prepare for a certification?
Yes, this boot camp will prepare you to take the following exams:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA CySA+
- Certified Ethical Hacking
- CompTIA Pentest+
Will there be any projects in the course?
The students will be required to complete multiple projects based on topics they have been studying. Each project will be discussed during the mentoring sessions.
What if I don't have enough time to complete the course within the time frame provided?
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your student advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
What kind of support will I receive?
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions you may have and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, a team of industry experts may support your course. You will also be assigned a student advisor for academic support.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is a self-paced course that can be completed 100% online. Open enrollment means that you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.