Customized Workforce Education is your connection to grant funding opportunities that will improve the skills and performance of your employees. South Central College has a strong history of helping local businesses and industry qualify for various grant funding by building comprehensive, customized training programs.
Customized Workforce Education has a strong and favorable history with the Minnesota Jobs Skills Partnership Program (MJSP). MJSP strategically helps Minnesota businesses and colleges to competitively train Minnesota’s workforce. Grants are awarded to educational institutions that partner with businesses to develop new-job training or retraining for existing employees. All training projects pair at least one public/private accredited Minnesota educational institution and one business. Funds may be used for training-related costs or educational infrastructure improvements necessary to support businesses located or intending to locate in Minnesota. A cash, or in-kind, contribution from the contributing business must match program funds on at least a one-to-one ratio.
Other MJSP grant activities include:
- Low Income Worker Training Program - grants to help low-income individuals receive training to acquire additional skills in order to move up the career ladder to higher paying jobs
Tanja Sigurdson - Areas of Expertise
- Facilitating MJSP grant-funded training for employer partners
- Developing customized training solutions for employers in areas of business, manufacturing, health care, and technology
- Connecting organizations and individuals with online health care certification programs
- Providing businesses with training options to upskill their workforce